Please Share With Current HBCU Students: Apply to Apple’s 40 Million HBCU Scholarship Program
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) in partnership with Apple is proud to present the Apple HBCU Scholars Program to outstanding students attending a Historically Black College or University. Eligible students should be currently working towards a degree in an undergraduate, Masters, Law or Ph.D. program. Selected Scholars will receive a $15,000 merit-based scholarship and participate in a 12-week internship during the summer of 2020. Each scholar will be assigned an Apple mentor throughout their experience, receive an opportunity to develop key skills, enhance their resumes and help launch their careers through the hands-on experience gained at one of the top tech companies in the world.
- Enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited HBCU
- Graduating between December 2020 and May 2022 (e.g., graduate students, or undergraduate sophomores, juniors, or seniors pursuing a fifth year of study.)
- Prior internship, leadership, and/or team projects experience is preferred
These scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in an Apple HBCU Immersion experience in Cupertino, California during the Spring semester of 2020
- Participate in a 12-week internship with Apple
- Be awarded a $15,000 merit-based scholarship to help defray the costs (e.g., tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, books and supplies) of attendance
- Participate in various leadership development activities to help prepare for post-graduation careers
- Receive on-going coaching and guidance from an experienced Apple employee
- Serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU campuses to build awareness for the Apple and TMCF HBCU Initiative
This highly competitive program has opportunities for students in a variety of disciplines. The selection process aims to assess critical soft skills that enable success in our program, coupled with technical ability. We’re looking for individuals that exhibit both a technical and cultural fit:
- Analytical ability
- Ability to articulate ideas
- Ability to learn new concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Persuasive and candid
- Focused on results
- Team player
- Possesses sound judgment and critical thinking skills
How to Apply
Application Part 1
To apply visit https://www.tmcf.org/our-programs/career-preparation/apple-tmcf-hbcu-initiative-2. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Preferred review given to students who apply on or before September 25, 2019.
Each scholar will have an Apple mentor throughout their experience, receive an opportunity to develop key skills, enhance their resumes, and help launch their careers through the hands-on experience gained at one of the top tech companies in the world.
This highly competitive program has opportunities for students in a variety of disciplines. The selection process aims to assess critical soft skills that enable success in their program, coupled with technical ability. They are looking for individuals that have analytical abilities, the ability to articulate ideas, the ability to learn new concepts, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and more.
Applicants must be highly motivated, persuasive and candid, focused on results, team players, and must possess sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
For more details and/or to apply, visit:
For more information about the Apple HBCU Scholars Program, please contact DeShawn S. Spellman at Team.Talent@tmcf.org.