Much has happened over the weekend. Let’s see if we can catch you up with Your Daily Shot. From Sen. Mitch McConnell taking lobbyist dollars from a voting machine company before blocking election security bills to Tropical Storms Erick and Flossie approaching hurricane status.
- At least 3 people were shot and killed and over a dozen more have been injured at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Northern California. Of those who were shot and killed was a 6-year-old boy, according to officials. The shooter was shot and killed by police. CNN has the live coverage.
- #MoscowMitch is raising eyebrows, once again, amid receiving donations from voting machine company lobbyists just before blocking election security bill. The bill would assist in eliminating the threat of election interference, including Russian interference. Mitch and Republicans are pulling out all of the nefarious stops to ensure Republicans remain in control the Senate and Oval Office. Read more here.
- 47-year-old Black man goes from expert mechanic emergency medical resident. Decades after graduating high school, he enrolled in night classes at Ursuline College taking one to two a semester, avoiding Biology until he couldn’t anymore. Little did he know it would be the catalyst that helped change his name from Carl Allamby to Dr. Carl Allamby. Sometimes the things we are running from the most end up being precisely what we needed to realize our purpose. Read more here.
- Marvel’s The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is slated to release Fall 2020. Some are saying that part of the reasoning for its release is to highlight the government’s disinterest in Sam Wilson, a Black character, becoming the new face for Captain America. For more in Comic-con land, check out Comicbook Marvel.
- Under far-right leadership Brazil is witnessing its rainforest be depleted. Similar to Trump going against experts on climate change in the United Stated, far-right leader President Jair Bolosnaro is attacking the credibility of the National Institute for Space Research (NISR) saying their research is a “lie.” But, satellite imagery shows otherwise. You all be the judge. Find out more here.